Terms and Conditions of Purchase
- All scans and the body map, expire 12 months from the purchase date. A booking must be in place before this time.
- Packages of scans can be shared between friends or family members, so long as all parties attend their scans together, at consecutive appointments.
- Any scan purchased can be used on any one of the advanced scans provided by My Vital Metrics - so long as the purchaser qualifies for the particular scan
- Multiple scans (of different kinds) can be taken in a single booking - you will be able to select a multi-scan booking to do this.
- Only a single coupon code or promotion can be applied to any one purchase, and cannot be used at all for Gift Cards or payments made with Klarna.
- Purchasing a service, gift card, or products from My Vital Metrics is a purchase of two services. The first service is provided by My Vital Metrics and constitutes the majority of your purchase. The second service is provided by Stripe, and is a financial service allowing you to use your credit card to pay for the services. The amount of the Stripe service will depend on the type of card used, but is a minimum of 5% of the total transaction cost, but may be up to 10% of the transaction cost for international cards and delayed payment services.
- The service from My Vital Metrics is subject to The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- The Service from Stripe is a financial service and is not subject to The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- If a customer purchases a service, gift card, or product from My Vital Metrics, and selects a date of service within the 14 day 'cooling off' period provided by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, the customer is deemed to have consented to waiving the provisions of these regulations.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Scans bought in a package or individually but not taken, may be refunded.
- Any refund requested for change of mind within the 14 day cooling off period provided for by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 will be honoured for the part of the service provided by My Vital Metrics.
- The part of the service provided by Stripe is a financial service and is exempted from The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- Any refund for change of mind or circumstances after the 14 day cooling off period will incur administration fees.
- The Administration fees will be £25 plus the applicable service fee that has been charged by Stripe. This may be as low as 5% or as high as 10% for international cards or delayed payment methods (such as Klarna)
- For services partly taken, My Vital Metrics will calculate the best possible price for the scans taken at current prices and deduct this and the admin fees and the Stripe fees above from the refund
- Scans which have have less than 3 months till expiry, or which have expired no longer have any monetary value and refunds cannot be provided for these.
- Bookings must be done online via the booking portal, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings may be changed or cancelled up to 24 hours before the booking.
- Bookings cancelled or changed within 24 hours or bookings for which the client fails to show up for their appointment are forfeit and have the same status as a booking which has been taken, or a purchase which has expired
- Please allow the full time for your booking, and always arrive 5 minutes before, to give you time to sign-in
- DEXA Scans are subject to particular terms as this is a regulated activity.
- Clients presenting for a DEXA scan must sign a disclaimer and referral and make satements about their eligibility to undergo the scan Among the statements they must attest that
- They have not had a DEXA Scan in the last 6 weeks and not more than 6 in the last 12 months
- they are able to maintain a still lying position for 3-4 minutes.
- they have no reason to suspect they are pregnant
- If a client is inegible for a DEXA Scan on that occasion, My Vital Metrics may request the customer undergo another type of scan if appropriate, or may offer a new appointment.
- Clients will need to attest to their readiness to take a submaximal test
- In addition, My Vital Metrics will need to take a medical questionnaire to assess suitability of the VO2Max test as it is extremely intense
- My Vital Metrics may, on the basis of the medical questionnaire, advise against or refuse to proceed with the test if there are medical contraindications.
- In this circumstance, the customer will be offered another type of scan, or credit voucher for future use of another type of scan.
- My Vital Metrics has facilities to shower or wash afterwards, and clients if clients wish to take this up, should bring a towel and toiletries to their appointment.